What We Believe
What we believe about...
- There is one God in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- God is sovereign in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
- The Lord Jesus Christ, God’s incarnate Son, is fully God; he was born of a virgin; his humanity is real and sinless; he died on the cross, was raised bodily from death and is now reigning over heaven and earth.
- The Lord Jesus Christ will return in person, to judge everyone, to execute God’s just condemnation on those who have not repented, to receive the redeemed to eternal glory and establish the new heavens and earth.
- The Holy Spirit alone makes the work of Christ effective to individual sinners, enabling them to turn to God from their sin and to trust in Jesus Christ.
...The Bible and The Church
- The Bible, as originally given, is the inspired and infallible word of God. It is the supreme authority in all matters of belief and behaviour.
- The one holy universal church is the body of Christ, to which all true believers belong.
- Since the fall, the whole of humankind is sinful and guilty, so that everyone is subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Sinful human beings are redeemed from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death once and for all time of their representative and substitute, Jesus Christ, the only mediator between them and God.
- Those who believe in Christ are pardoned all their sins and accepted in God’s sight only because of the righteousness of Christ credited to them; this justification is God’s act of undeserved mercy, received solely by trust in him and not by their own efforts.
- The Holy Spirit lives in all those he has regenerated. He makes them increasingly Christlike in character and behaviour and gives them power for their witness in the world.
So, how does this impact us at Culloden-Balloch Baptist Church?
We are a Baptist church so this means that we practice and teach believer’s baptism (by immersion). Under Christ and his word, the congregation is the final authority in church governance with a group of Elders who oversee and teach the people.
We believe that to have a clear grasp of your identity is a real blessing. Indeed we believe to know who you truly are changes everything. The membership of Culloden-Balloch Baptist Church is made up of a group of people who have come to understand their identity as rooted in the person and work of Jesus Christ.
So we are a worshipping community, filled with joy at what God has done and at what He continues to do for and with us. We seek to know him more and serve him well and we would love for you to join us.